Thursday, March 1, 2012

Balancing

The Day was okey, We gave a demo to the client of whatever work we have done and got their feedback, Some of the improvement they want is virtually impossible, Still I guess I would have to try.

Day was more or less relaxed, I did most of the work assigned to me and that too in a very relaxed manner.

In the evening When I got out, I was waiting for my number of Bus, Suddenly I noticed that two people were talking about something. I gave an ear to that.

First Person: I too said buy single door, what's the need of double door, we dont have to get ice. But no, It is not something we buy everyday,So have to buy it.

Second Person: But One thing is My wife is of very understanding nature.

First Person: (nodded then paused) No (My wife) too is understanding, If she comes on saving money, She wont spend herself and wont even lat me spend anything.

I smiled at that point, I guess they noticed it, By that tym my bus arrived and I got into that.

Then I thought about that, They were discussing about their wife the first person incidentally told about his wife in a complaining tone (That she made him buy an expensive refrigerator though it wasn't much needed).

Then when the second person made this as a preface to praise his wife.

The first person felt bit left out, He subconsciously tried to balance that with an exaggerated example of his wife.

it happens very normally, If someone praises his/her wife/husband/son/daughter/mother/father we instantaneously make a comparison with ours and feel bit left out and hence try to balance that, We start searching for the good thing in ours relative.

It does not usually happen the other way, Like if someone complain about his or her relative, we somehow feel content that ours is not that bad a situation.

An example of that was it when the first person complained abt his wife, second person felt content and as an effect praised his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your views........